On 11/20/2015 09:06 PM, Chris Wright wrote:

When people complain about others being offended, it's usually to
distract from the issue at hand.

When people complain about others being offended, I think it is usually because being offended can be a way to artificially add weight to the issue at hand, and they feel treated unfairly. Sometimes, they have gotten offended themselves.

It is always possible to inflate the issue at hand by generalizing and extending it until it can be put in the same category with only slightly related, but much worse issues.

So let me say it straight: it doesn't
matter whether I'm offended. It only matters what effect your words have
on people.

People should assume responsibility for their own actions and reactions.