On Wednesday, 25 November 2015 at 15:25:32 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

That being said, the JSON format isn't going anywhere, so you can just use that if you prefer. In most cases, you shouldn't need to read any dub config files, unless you're working on the project that the config file is for, and in many (most?) of those cases, it'll probably be your own project. So, you can just use the format that prefer and ignore the other. Worst case, you can't use the default-generated dub config file when you start your project and have to copy a JSON one from elsewhere or write it from scratch, but if doesn't already, I'm sure that dub init could be changed to take a flag indicating the config format to use if enough folks prefer JSON.

- Jonathan M Davis

Is it possible to default dub to json w/o using a flag in init? I'd rather dub init default to json for myself and anyone who prefers otherwise can stay with SDL.