On Sunday, 29 November 2015 at 11:13:03 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On a related note, does D support inline namespaces? Apparently it affects mangling:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29764869/can-inline-namespaces-be-used-to-keep-backwards-compatibility-in-a-shared-librar

I use inline namespaces quite a bit and am curious of how D resolves those.

I wish someone would shed som light on this as inline namespaces is what libraries will use in the future in order to do versioning and target different architectures, the one marked "inline" is made active and can be directly accessed through "X::decl" or "X::version1::decl" in c++:

namespace X {
     inline namespace version1 {
          decl....
     }
     namespace version2 {
          decl....

Seems to me that D needs to embed clang and that the current bindings-only approach will not survive C++11 and later standards.