On 30/11/2015 10:42 PM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:

Exactly, the D module system would still be in place. Assuming they
were in defferent modules, then the D module system would keep them
out of conflict naturally, with rules identical to the normal D rules.
I imagined this; C++ namespace is for mangling, D module is for
scoping. That's not how it seems to be, so my intuition was dead
wrong, but my weekend's experience has convinced me it would be better
how I initially intuited. Thing is, we're presenting a C++ API to D,
so we want to present it in D's terms, that is, the API is distributed
among D modules in a way that makes sense to a D user. I don't want to
present the API in C++ terms, and it's not even practical; stuffing
the entire C++ API into a single D module is crazy. In the cases I'm
interested in, the C++ API is possibly larger than the entire D
codebase that's attached to it.

You're not the only one who thought it should be that way.