On Tuesday, 1 December 2015 at 18:58:37 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
On Monday, 3 August 2015 at 21:25:35 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
I had to set up dmd and friends on a fresh Ubuntu box, so I thought I'd document the step-by-step process:

http://wiki.dlang.org/Starting_as_a_Contributor

Due to a realization that there were three places were contributing info was held on the wiki, I have merged the pages into this one as best as I could. This page now holds everything someone should need to get started.

IMO this is a lot better. Thanks for doing it.

I don't have the knowledge, but recently there was discussion in a different thread about guidelines for contributing to the documentation. It would be good to have that info on this page.

Here are some examples of things that arose as I tried to contribute:

1. Coding style (line width no more than 80 characters, no trailing whitespace, ...) 2. This is what you can assume the reader knows. Otherwise you should explain or link to a good explanation providing that information.
3. Some guidelines on good and bad examples.
4. ddoc has lots of things like See_Also. When should they be used?

I'd do it if I could.