On Wednesday, 9 December 2015 at 14:35:29 UTC, Bubbasaur wrote:
The problem are the companies to work, where I live today the main jobs are for C# or
Java, I'll not bother to mention of course HTML, JS, PHP...

And what's the relation with you asked? Well many companies here have partnership with Microsoft and they use their products like VS, so I don't think it's wise.

Hm, I kind of agree with Bruno, and I don't really understand why dropping a homegrown backend would not be wise? It probably keeps the language from evolving.

If clang and gcc become the de-facto standard compilers then C++ will gain a new edge because then the shared subset of extensions that clang/gcc share will become portable and adoption of new standards will be sped up.