On Monday, 14 December 2015 at 19:38:26 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:

If you're trying to use Phobos without knowing what template constraints and ranges are, you're going to have a bad time.

D is doomed if new users have to understand template constraints and ranges to use the standard library. To be honest, I don't know why you should have to understand either of those to test if two arrays have the same length.

I'm not sure what else to say here. You can't expect to use the language to it's fullest without understanding these features.

There's a difference between using all the features of a language and the documentation of the standard library. The documentation should be accessible to new users of the language.

I wrote that function, it's documentation, and wrote the examples. In the examples, I clearly show that the function can be used with normal arrays and the explaination in the docs of what the function does is drop dead simple to understand.

I don't think you wrote the part I quoted - as far as I know, it was generated automatically. The parts that you wrote are really good. Other functions should be documented like that. The only criticism I'd have is that there needs to be a link to intro material on ranges.