On Monday, 14 December 2015 at 20:08:20 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
You're not really comparing apples to apples here

In fact I'm not, but the main focus here was about the simplicity of the layout used on the C# doc. You can see others examples there easily including templates and generics interface.

On the otherhand, imagine a newbie looking:

bool isSameLength(Range1, Range2)(Range1 r1, Range2 r2) if (isInputRange!Range1 && isInputRange!Range2 && !isInfinite!Range1 && !isInfinite!Range2);

They can look at the examples below and see that the function accepts strings and arrays. And they can look at the parameters section and see that r1 and r2 need to be "finite input range"s if they can't read the function signature.

Yes they can and this isn't hard to understand, but remember there are newcomers every day. I think it should be simpler like MSDN does:

Syntax:
    bool isSameLength(Range1, Range2)(Range1 r1, Range2 r2)
Parameters:
    Type r1, r2 : Input range.
    Both r1, r2 : needs to be finite.

I think it's better than currently. But this is my thoughts over the problems that my friends encounter with D's docs.

Ron.