On 2015-12-16 21:54, Walter Bright wrote:

I'm not so sure. There are lots of tools to develop websites. Let's say
A, B, and C. If we picked "B", we most assuredly would have analogous
threads here saying "I won't use anything but A" and "Everybody else
uses C."

Anything that is explicitly created for web development would be better.

I've heard all sorts of excuses for decades about why people won't chip
in, and I know they are excuses because when the excuse is fixed, they
still won't chip in. This excuse sounds the same as the rest.

The thing is, if you know html, then you know Ddoc. Ddoc is just a
stupidly simple text-substitution macro system a programmer should be
able to learn in a few minutes.

I know HTML, and I know there's no problem with underscores in HTML. Yet Ddoc is causing issues with underscores because Latex is used to generate the PDF [1].

[1] http://forum.dlang.org/post/n4tpdd$2kun$1...@digitalmars.com

--
/Jacob Carlborg