On Wednesday, 16 December 2015 at 21:05:27 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
I was looking at https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/1169 and that bold sans serif proportional text for the code is just... well let's say it's time to replace it.

What would be a good code font to use for those?

I don't think listening to random forum opinions (Inconsolata!!1) is a good process. What is the intention we want to convey with the font choice?

a) Just use whatever is default, we dont care. (font-family:monospace;)

b) Use what the viewer is familiar with. That depends on the OS and other factors. Consolas for Windows users? A quick google tour did not turn up any popularity statistics for "programmer fonts".

c) Something beautiful. We are special. We care for every detail. We have a brand. Increased loading time for the website is the price to pay. It should also look the same on most systems.

d) Any other relatively objective process?