On 2015-12-17 23:40, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

We are already using vibe.d for the Phobos page-per-name documentation.
As far as I can tell the initiative has been a qualified success.

What's left/stopping us from using this as the default documentation?

The main problem there is that there are not enough folks to maintain
the vibe-related artifacts. Basically when Sönke is busy with something
else, any issue may wait indefinitely. (I haven't followed that lately,
possibly things have improved as of late.)

In order to make the use of vibe.d entirely successful across dlang.org
and dconf.org, we need to show robust gains from using it for Phobos. As
virtually the sole maintainer of dconf.org, I'd feel definitely
motivated to use vibe.d if there was good evidence of thriving
collaboration around the use of it on http://dlang.org/library.

Jacob, are you willing to ramp up you contribution to the vibe.d-related
parts of Phobos? That would go a long way toward convincing everyone of
the productivity gains of using it instead of ddoc (or others).

I would like to but I'm very busy as well. In addition to that I have basically no knowledge of the internals of the vibe.d related parts. I had a look at some PR's for Dub (I think) that Sönke called out for help with. I didn't feel I could add much help to that.

Is there anything more specific you're thinking about?

--
/Jacob Carlborg