On Sunday, 20 December 2015 at 11:59:05 UTC, NX wrote:
We should seriously find a way to make them error friendly.

I think this change I'm looking at here would make a huge difference because then you'd be able to see how close you got to matching the various overloads. (in my other post, I showed traditional overloading but I can apply the same technique to failing/passing expressions in template constraints too).

I also want to add some whitespace to the no template matches error, as well as the ddoc generator.

But I'm sure core d devs will strike with a "we can't change semantics, it would break existing code" argument...

The beauty of error message improvement is it doesn't break any code... and since it isn't on the main compilation path, the error generation code can afford to be less than perfectly efficient. Who cares if the error took an extra half second to generate when it cuts off five minutes of dev time and doesn't affect the build time when it isn't triggered?