On Monday, 4 January 2016 at 11:19:38 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
ou didn't address my points. Have you used C++ ETs for
production? They fall apart in real world use for the reasons I mentioned. It's one thing to read a paper about something, and another to use it for something larger than will fit on a slide.

You are assuming template expressions. I am not. The main overhead when interacting with databases is network traffic, building the query should be done at runtime. No need for templates.

I am in favour of having a clean core language (minimal language after desugaring/lowering) that can be manipulated using term rewriting/symbolic manipulation (or ast macros). But that sounds more like D4 than D2...?