On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 17:42:15 UTC, Gerald wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 17:10:51 UTC, rsw0x wrote:
D's GC is a failure, the amount of effort needed/given to work around it should be proof enough of this.

Coming from a Java background and being an application rather then systems developer one thing that attracted me to D was the garbage collection. While D's GC implementation is not great, I'd hate to see it dropped. Personally I'd rather priority be given to improving the GC implementation rather then building manual allocation methods but that's just me.

D's GC will forever be far below anything in a managed environment without fundamentally altering the language.

I'd honestly be surprised if a GC heavy D application was faster than python.