On 1/11/2016 10:58 AM, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
No need to explain. I'm just showing that the name lookup that might be expected
from a C++ namespace, doesn't work. I suspect that's Manus' argument: if it gets
unusable so easily then why add it it in the first place?

I suspect that people are thinking that "std.map" is being looked up. That is not the case. "std" is looked up, and if that is successful on its own, then "map" is looked up.

Looking up "std.map" occurs nowhere in D or C++, why do people impute this
behavior?

As the usual disambiguation techniques work I'm not sure the additional symbol
does any harm, though.

Hence my wondering what the actual problem Manu is having is.