On Friday, 22 January 2016 at 04:30:33 UTC, tsbockman wrote:
On Friday, 22 January 2016 at 02:13:56 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
[...]

I don't necessarily disagree with your overall point, but I think the question of whether a few attributes have an @ attached to them or not ranks pretty low on the list of "70% solutions with marginal support" that need fixing/fleshing out. If this is truly among the most pressing issues with D, then D must be in great shape.

It seems like poor allocation of resources (both those of the D development team, and those of the D users who would be forced to update their code) to put much effort into this right now, when there are so many other issues of greater practical import to work on.

Well, it's a big issue for me :)