On Thursday, 7 August 2014 at 10:08:30 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:
I haven't looked at your rewrite, but from what I've seen the current implementation is indeed very awkward and full of bugs. There were also some discussions about the behavior on resizing with respect to stomping, IIRC. This seems to imply that not even the semantics are completely clear. I guess a complete rewrite would be appropriate in such a situation.

Fun... I'll go through for the most recent version of DMD and see about porting my changes over in smaller bite-sized chunks and see if it won't be accepted. This might be easier than figuring out all the changes in the D language and figuring them out as I come across them (not that I used many of the features beyond templates and operator overloading).

That is assuming this is still the case (it's been a year afterall). Hmmm. Off hand I'm remembering there was the issue of 'sometimes a var sometimes a value sometimes a ref' that was popping up when it switched over to allocated memory when the array got beyond a certain size. There's something I still need to figure out.