On Saturday, 23 January 2016 at 14:19:03 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
This is mostly to prevent ugly hacks like Flag [1].

http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP88

[1] https://dlang.org/phobos/std_typecons.html#.Flag

I agree Flag is a bit ugly to use, but IIUC this proposal does not enforce the use of a named argument, it's optional. Flag does call site name enforcement.

Also, named template arguments is an interesting idea, but they don't seem to be so useful as named function arguments. Boolean function arguments are pretty common, but I'm not sure templates have an equivalent compelling example. They could be left out at first perhaps.