On Monday, 25 January 2016 at 16:20:50 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 01/25/2016 11:02 AM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
I don't think we should read *too* much into the words.

Yeah, it's interesting. I recall thinking as I was drafting the document: "One word... ONE word that doesn't sit well and it will be all about that word." And now here we are. It's like those presidential or Fed chairman press conferences... :o).

I changed http://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2016H1.

Andrei

The bikeshed is now translucent... However, the community still lacks focus/direction. Pick a destination, establish To-dos and Milestones, empower the community to make it happen, then supervise to ensure everyone stays on task.

State the priority or at a least list of priorities. Everything under the sun cannot be THE priority.

e.g.
   1. Improve Module System
      -- To-dos
      -- Milestones

   2. Improve Memory Management
      2.1 Garbage Collector
          -- To-dos
          -- Milestones

      2.2 Manual Memory Management
          -- To-dos
          -- Milestones

   3. Tools
      3.1 Adapt dfmt
          -- To-dos
          -- Milestones

      3.1 Adapt dfix
          -- To-dos
          -- Milestones

After stating the priority, identify the most capable resources to head each initiative, empower them with a bit of autonomy and encourage the larger community to organize in support of these initiatives.

Finally, supervise!!!