On Wednesday, 3 February 2016 at 19:28:29 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Wednesday, 3 February 2016 at 19:16:00 UTC, Bubbasaur wrote:
I take the TIOBE as good PR, because it always appearing on Reddit and people talk about for good or worst.

Whenever D is making a marketing push you get newbies in the forums complaining about lacking libraries, lacking IDE, lacking tooling. Then they leave, most likely with a bad impression, because they had higher expectations.

If people believe that D is as popular as Swift, which is the current TIOBE ranking, they also expect the eco system of Swift. Which D cannot deliver.

Yes, I am pessimistic when it comes to FUD, it leads to resentment.

What the D community needs is users with realistic expectations and goals.

None of those things happen without users, and being high on tiobe gets users.
The D community is stretched incredibly thin already.