On Wednesday, 3 February 2016 at 16:39:26 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 02/01/2016 03:46 AM, Dragos Carp wrote:
On Friday, 29 January 2016 at 20:40:18 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
That'd be interesting if (a) lazy and (b) general a la
https://dlang.org/library/std/range/recurrence.html. -- Andrei

To be clear, by general you mean to allow functions with more than 2
arguments?

My ambitions were lower :o). I was thinking of supporting any operation, not only summation.

Good that I asked. Contrary to "reduce", "recurrence" works also with functions with more than 2 arguments, so I saw it as a hint in this direction.

For example if you have:

foo(int i, int j, int k) { return i + j + k; }

then:

scan!foo([1, 2, 3, 4]).array returns [1, 2, 6, 12]

Is "scan" (thanks Timon) telling enough? The python "accumulate"
conflicts with the C++ meaning.

That's a sliding window of compile-time-known size, which is interesting on its own. There are several ways to handle the limits, each useful in certain situations. I don't get where 12 comes from in your example.

I calculated Yn = fct(Yn-2, Yn-1, Xn) thus Y3 = 2 + 6 + 4 == 12

I will prepare a PR for the binary function implementation.