On Monday, 8 February 2016 at 01:48:32 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On 2/7/16 10:42 AM, Iakh wrote:
On Sunday, 7 February 2016 at 05:18:39 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
4 testexpansion 0x000000010fb5dbec pure @safe
void
testexpansion.s!(testexpansion.s!(testexpansion.s!(testexpansion.s!(testexpansion.s!

Why "bad" foo is void?

Huh? foo returns void in both instances.

Yeah would by nice to auto-repacle with
testexpansion.S!(...)(...).Result.foo
or even with ...Result.foo

A possible fix for the stack printing is to use the template parameter placeholders:

testexpansion.s!(T = testexpansion.s!...)(T).Result.foo

But this doesn't fix the object-file bloat.

-Steve

I think it was Manu who was complaining about symbol length some time ago and we ended up discussing symbol compression as a possible solution. Did anything ever come of that? If so this seems like an obvious candidate for recursive compression.

Nic