On 1/03/2016 7:18 AM, Jack Stouffer wrote:
On Monday, 29 February 2016 at 00:10:33 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
5. convert back end to D.

What's the status of this? When the ddmd switch happened, Daniel Murphy
was saying that a similar transition in the back end would take about
six to eight months.

The actual conversion process is pretty straightforward. The big issue is that converting would mean losing the dmc test suite which is our best way to test the backend.

The plan is to dump the test suite to IR, then set up a way to run the IR through the backend and check the output hasn't changed. Then we can start actually converting to D. I have a PR for some of this open.