On Tuesday, 1 March 2016 at 13:14:20 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Tuesday, 1 March 2016 at 12:57:43 UTC, Luis wrote:
So, for example, a C++ compiler can't use the standard C++ lib ?

I don't follow your logic here. Clang uses std.

There is some discussion if dmd should not use phobos because there would be a circular relation. Well, as you pointed CLang uses std, so where is the problem ? I think that not should be any problem if dmd always uses the previous version of phobos to bootstrap itself.