Leandro Lucarella wrote:
Walter Bright, el 29 de octubre a las 16:06 me escribiste:
Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
What I cannot for the life of me understand is WHY the double
underscores? What's wrong with just "traits"?
Because D needed the feature, and it wasn't clear what a good syntax
for it would be. So __traits is a "put something out there, make it
work, if it proves its usefulness and a good syntax for it appears,
then that can be adopted."

And now, being moderately close to D2 stabilization, isn't a good moment
to think about a better syntax or just live with traits() as it is (but
without the leading __)?

Same for __gshared.

I'm not convinced about __gshared. As far as I've understood, __gshared is a "don't use this unless you know what you are doing" feature. As such, it should probably be a bit ugly.

__traits(), on the other hand, is more of a "hey you guys, you should try this traits thing, it's totally neat" feature.

-Lars