Hi all,

I have been working on a proposal for the upcoming GSoC, and its to a point where I wanted to get some feedback on things.

I maintain DSFML, a wrapper and binding to the C++ game library SFML. Essentially the core of my proposal is to add the ability for binding to build iOS and Android versions which can then leverage recent work on LDC to build and run on these mobile systems. SFML can already target these OS's, so most of the work is done there. Barring anything extreme, this would allow D programmers to easily work on games for mobile devices pretty much as soon as that functionality is officially released in the LDC compiler. I think that's pretty damn awesome. There are a few other things in my proposal, like updating some things and fixing some bugs, but Android and iOS support is pretty much the meat and potatoes.

For those interested in seeing the actual proposal I am working on, I have provided the link below. Just know that this is my first draft and *a lot* of revising and editing still needs to be done.

https://github.com/Jebbs/DSFML/files/160669/DSFML.Summer.of.Code.Proposal.-.FirstDraft.pdf

Please let me know if you think this is worth the effort and would make a good GSoF project.