On Sunday, 6 March 2016 at 07:45:58 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

I think it would be better idea to just add the ability to add unicode operators, and to avoid precedence issues one could just require them to use parentheses. That way you could define opCustom"•" and use it as:

I've mentioned this before, but I think a constrained set of user-defined operators using annotations/affixes on the existing set is a better fit for D. It's a lesson well-learned from other languages (cf. OCaml; F#), and fits with D's generally practical bent.

I mean, if you want to alias them to Lucky Charms or various hieroglyphs of birds disemboweling men later, I guess maybe that's could work? But I really don't want any language features predicated on the programmer having an APL keyboard.

-Wyatt