On Tuesday, 15 March 2016 at 11:15:12 UTC, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
I used to contribute to dlang.org now and then before the makefile revamp. Now every time I try, I end up fighting with the makefile.

make -f posix.mak apidocs-serve
LATEST=2.070.2 <-- place in the command line to skip network traffic *starts downloading crap from downloads.dlang.org that I already have*

Alright, let's try that again.

make -f posix.mak apidocs-serve LATEST=2.070.2
*still downloads crap I already have*
*Phobos build errors because latest Phobos isn't compatible with DMD 2.069.2*

How do I make it use ../dmd and ../phobos? I've looked at CONTRIBUTING.md and the Wiki and I don't see this explained anywhere.

All I want to do is test DDox with local dlang.org changes and local Phobos changes.

I don't know whether this helps you, but I underwent the same troubles and couldn't find a solution either. The bright sight is that I use ArchLinux with the most recent dmd version, so the downloads run through smoothly and afaict it picks up my local version of phobos in phobos-prerelease.