On Tuesday, 15 March 2016 at 11:47:20 UTC, ZombineDev wrote:
Instead I think that if we improve D's existing introspection capabilities and expose the compiler as a library at compile-time, we will have a much powerful system than any potential macro system, for a fraction of the complexity.

These videos are what changed my mind:
1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHZwYYW9koI
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59lKAlb6cRg
(Jonathan Blow's programming language for games)

It is like one of these simili good idea that everybody tries and everybody regrets it. You DON'T want to expose your compiler implementation to the language.

Jonathan Blow is certainly a talented person, but he has a very grave NIH syndrome and various blind spot in language design.