On Sunday, 20 March 2016 at 01:18:06 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
Would one rather have a Ferrari Daytona replica made from a Corvette, or a Ferrari Daytona?

Said crowd is made of die hard Corvette fans, who have been historically downplaying the extra spiffs of the Ferraris as useless. So now that they get them for their own cars, they are amazing new ideas and/or have retroactively been important the entire time. Reasons to get Ferraris instead are invalidated accordingly.

I don't agree with them, but I've seen it in other contexts so I imagine it's a common fallacy.