On Tuesday, 22 March 2016 at 15:50:15 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
On Tuesday, 22 March 2016 at 15:33:04 UTC, Edwin van Leeuwen wrote:
On Tuesday, 22 March 2016 at 15:19:10 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
Idea 1:

Sigh I do wish the author of gl3n had given permission for relicense for Phobos. Would do what you want.

Idea 3:

My goal is get windowing/image library into Phobos. Now that is not a UI toolkit but you can atleast get a window up and show an image like a graph.
Kinda everything you want.

Any tips on how easy it will be to plot a cairo surface to a window ?

Very easy.

- wrap a context in a Canvas with the methods for drawing.
- BLIT the cairo surface.

Thanks!

It also works with simple bitmaps, so image proceduraly rendered.
Actually I've started to work on this at the end of 2015.

(https://github.com/BBasile/kheops/blob/master/src/kheops/bitmap.d#L396)

That looks interesting. Would you say kheops is stable enough to be relied upon by other projects? Any plans to make it into a dub package?

Since kheops is vector based it would be even nicer to be able to convert a cairo svg/pdf surface to kheops.

While it was planned to make a native D UI, using it to plot 2D data would require very few work. There's also a OO wrapper called cairoD or something like that which is for sure very easy to use to render bitmap proceduraly.

cairoD is indeed what ggplotd uses to produce the plot. And saving svg/png/pdf to disk is indeed very easy with cairo.