On Wednesday, 6 April 2016 at 13:15:48 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
I just got word about Sparrow (from its creator no less):

presentation_offline_Sparrow.pdf - https://db.tt/m2WwpxIY
Speak.mp4 - https://db.tt/RDmrlEu7
ThesisLucTeo.pdf - https://db.tt/1ylGHuc1

An interesting language that shares a lot of D's vision and features. The languages differ in a few aspects: Sparrow has a much more flexible syntax allowing a variety of custom operators. (I happen to disagree that's a good thing as I believe highly flexible syntax easily leads to transmission noise code). On the plus side Sparrow has a smoother integration of compile-time vs. run-time computation, which makes it a bit easier to transition from one to another. Another feature we could consider adding to D is a simple definition of concepts as complex Boolean predicates. That's essentially identical to isForwardRange etc. etc. but makes for simpler use of these predicates.

Andrei

Interesting. I've thinking about concepts too. Hopefully they could come into D. Actually, I think concept and interfaces could be combined into one feature. An interface is just a special case of a concept, saying its implementer should have the matching function signatures.