On Friday, 15 April 2016 at 17:23:26 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
Before I opened a PR, I wanted to get some second opinions.

There is no reason IMO that the various overloads of toImpl should be public. Having the internal functionality of a parent function, in this case to, be exposed like this causes:

1. The docs to be cluttered with useless info. Anything pertinent can be moved to the to docs. 2. The function cannot be refactored because its guts are shown to the world

Also, there is no reason that anyone should use toImpl over to. So can I please mark toImpl as deprecated in order to clean up std.conv?

you need to use toImpl if you want to convert a number to/from a specific base! I use that a lot when converting hexadecimal values