On 4/28/16 3:39 PM, Nick Treleaven wrote:
On Thursday, 28 April 2016 at 18:49:54 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
1. Swift 3 will no longer allow mutable variables as parameters.
Instead, your parameters will be immutable, or reference (inout). To
fix this, you can assign your immutable variable to a mutable one
(immutability is always head immutability in swift), or put this weird
statement in your function:

var i = i

Seems reasonable given that code could mutate a variable accidentally,
e.g. due to a typo.

If you don't want to mutate it, don't put var in the parameter name. I put var there because I wanted to mutate it. Swift requires that already. It just now won't let you do it in the parameter declaration, you have to declare a new variable and use that if you want mutation.

-Steve