On Sunday, 1 May 2016 at 15:58:54 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
On Sunday, 1 May 2016 at 10:37:26 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
On Sun, 2016-05-01 at 09:18 +0000, Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d wrote:
https://www.rust-lang.org/friends.html

Time for us to do a bit better than just a wiki page ?

That webpage really is fairly dreadful when using a dark theme.

Also I'd only heard of two of the organizations.

And yet if you are somebody in an enterprise with decision making authority and therefore with too much to do and using heuristic thinking a bit too much, which page makes the better impression?

@Laeeth: This is the _most often_ asked question by friends - aka "Who is using it?" = is it one of those trendy, nerdy theory projects - or is actually trustworthy. So yes not only enterprises, but also "normal" people don't want to develop code in a language that is untrustworthy (=no huge userbase/backer), because they have the fear that it might not be compile-able in the future (=language death). Another aspect that's probably also an important factor, don't worry I don't think like this, but I know friends who do: "why should I learn a language if it's not used in production and thus I can't get a job with it?"

-> I think it's a great idea, too. We should get such a site too!
So which companies could be "friends of D"?
Just throwing in some names I heard in the last couple of weeks:
Sociomantic? Ebay? Facebook? Weka?

So if you are using D in your company, please shout!