On Friday, 6 May 2016 at 00:08:01 UTC, Yuxuan Shui wrote:
On Thursday, 5 May 2016 at 23:46:59 UTC, Ed wrote:
On Thursday, 5 May 2016 at 23:33:07 UTC, Yuxuan Shui wrote:
It'd really nice if this just works,

That's clear that you've never been stuck in the fat mud of imperative and OO programming styles. You don't realize (anymore ?) how lucky we are with D templates, compared to other languages! Maybe you come from C++, so that's not so obvious for you but with my background I'm still amused when I see people complaining about such details. ^^

Yes, I do appreciate the power of D, I just want it to be BETTER.

Anyway, you can open a enhancement request and pray...

I'll do that, but I just want to see some feedback on this idea....

Sorry, I don't know why I thought this thread was on d.learn, I didn't get this was a general discussion.