On Friday, 6 May 2016 at 10:46:22 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
We've had several remarks at DConf that the traffic on this forum makes it intractable. There's good information, but it's drowned by the immense off-topic discussions.

We plan to create one more forum to address that, but one thing we could all do to contribute is to refrain from continuing off-topic comments, or at least mark them with [OT] in the title.

Thanks,

Andrei

Ok, guilty as charged, but a lot of threads turn into [OT] threads even if they start out as being on topic. This particular thread was never on topic, though.

That said, [OT] comments are also important in a community as they bring people together in a more casual way. What I've learned is that people who are into D are a bit hard to tame anyway.

Is it possible to mark a single post as [OT] without turning the whole thread into [OT]?