On Friday, 6 May 2016 at 09:34:39 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
One major goal of this project is to figure out a good way to handle non-trivial compile-time dependency structures (i.e. solving the "forward reference error" problem). As it does explicit dependency tracking on AST nodes, it can possibly be used for fine-grained (AST-level) incremental compilation in the future.

Great initiative! While mapping big C++ librairies with a lot of templates with Calypso I still hit forward referencing errors from time to time. Some of them were easily fixed but I feel that making the whole thing more robust is a complex task that can't be achieved through small fixes/hacks, it needs a drastic solution like yours.
  • D frontend Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d
    • Re: D frontend Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d
    • Re: D frontend Elie Morisse via Digitalmars-d