On Friday, 6 May 2016 at 13:47:48 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Friday, 6 May 2016 at 13:34:02 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
Using JS for an eye candy feature on the internet is not "outrageous". It's not like with JS turned off the code would be displayed with no formatting and in sans-serif.

Those JS things have a habit of lagging my laptop to a crawl, whereas a server side highlighter works beautifully without slowdown.

When your site works better without JS than with, you've made a mistake somewhere, especially when what the JS is doing could be free!

I totally agree. This tumblr site easily lagged a bored i7. A big NO from me.