On 5/11/2016 1:42 PM, John Colvin wrote:
I'm convinced that you're argument is reasonable if version is only for things
like platforms, but it's used for a lot of other stuff e.g.
version(PrintSomeExtraInfo) or version(CacheSomeStuffForPerformance). Do you
think the same principle applies there?

Yes, I do.

  https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/5767

I've also seen very good programmers find 'absolutely must have' uses for static if, used them, and caused bugs due to the tangled up nature of it. I had to go in and fix it.

It takes a while to change one's thinking from the C++ #if expressions, but the result is worth it.