On Friday, 13 May 2016 at 18:21:59 UTC, Xinok wrote:

So no, let's not start using our real names just because you fail to recognize some people.

That's not at all what he said. At any rate, it's a simple request and you need not follow it.

For the record, I've used @aldacron everywhere except these forums since I've been involved with D (and before). I changed my github handle to @mdparker during DConf, as I intend to be more active in submitting documentation PRs, and to help alleviate the confusing situation where people knew me as one or the other but not both. It's quite difficult to find a real-name handle on github when you have three of the most common names in the English language!