On Saturday, 14 May 2016 at 04:34:06 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 5/13/16 2:27 PM, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Thu, 2016-05-12 at 18:25 +0000, Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
[…]
unknown flags harder and displaying help challenging. So I'd like
to see getopt merge with another getopt

getopt is a 1970s C solution to the problem of command line parsing. Most programming languages have moved on from getopt and created language-idiomatic solutions to the problem. Indeed there are other,
better solution in C now as well.

What are those and how are they better? -- Andrei

I wrote what I think is an idiomatic-D command line argument parser:

    https://github.com/jasonwhite/darg

You basically define a struct with your options as members. The help string is then created at compile time(!). I find this much cleaner than std.getopt and the usage/help is prettier.