On 5/15/2016 9:05 PM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
I've never read the C++ standard, but I have more experience with a
wide range of real-world compilers than most, and it is rarely very
violated.

It has on every C/C++ compiler for x86 machines that used the x87, which was true until SIMD, and is still true for x86 CPUs that don't target SIMD.

The times it is, we've known about it, and it has made us
all very, very angry.

The C/C++ standard is written that way for a reason.

I'd like to hear what terrible problem is caused by having more accurate values.