On Tuesday, 17 May 2016 at 19:27:22 UTC, Xinok wrote:
On Tuesday, 17 May 2016 at 17:31:47 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
We should take advantage of the improved partition code I discussed at ACCU. Also there's a person on https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/4jlkhv/accu_2016_keynote_by_andrei_alexandrescu/ discussing a simpler algorithm based on a couple of additional assumptions.

Interesting optimization, I hope you don't mind if I use it for my implementation of Quicksort. However, I would like to suggest another improvement that I devised a while back.

I realize that I may have wrote this post a bit prematurely. I only looked at the code in your slides before writing this and didn't realize that you had mentioned the same point I made here in your live talk (about equal elements). So I may have come off a bit condescending and that wasn't my intention. Great talk though, interesting topic and always entertaining to watch you speak.