On Sunday, 29 May 2016 at 10:54:34 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
On Sat, 2016-05-28 at 17:50 +0000, Seb via Digitalmars-d wrote:
One thing that confused me a lot in the beginning, is that every Phobos module has it's own copyright - I am not a lawyer, but it sounded for me pretty weird that in theory I could get sued by a
lot of Oracle-like patent trolls.
I imagine the same effect also for companies when they read a
different copyright on every module in Phobos.

I am not sure of the situation with GDC since the GCC folk are involved with that – Iain may be able to take a view on this. Also I am not totally sure of the LDC situation. However I think it would be a very good idea if DMD, LDC, GDC, Phobos, druntime, and Dub and the repository were all copyright the D Foundation, and that all contributions had a copyright share or transfer.

Licensing the common parts of the frontend and library as under the D Foundation should be no problem. Walter may have to let the FSF know though incase a clause needs changing in the copyright assignments.