On Sunday, 29 May 2016 at 21:07:21 UTC, qznc wrote:
On Sunday, 29 May 2016 at 18:50:40 UTC, Jon Degenhardt wrote:
A minor thing - you might consider also calculating the median and median version of MAD (median of absolute deviations from the median). The reason is that benchmarks often have outliers in the max time dimension, median will do a job reducing the effect of those outliers than mean. Your benchmark code could publish both forms.

I don't think that would help. This is not a normal distribution, so mean and median don't match anyways. What would you learn from the median?

Oh, I see. The benchmark varies the data on each run and aggregates, is that right? Sorry, I missed that.