On Tuesday, 31 May 2016 at 14:47:12 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
I "solved" it with a UDA called GcScan in my code. It can be attached to any field or type and is a tri-state. In the undecided case (GcScan.auto) it recursively scans for potential GC pointers, excluding those marked GcScan.no. In the decided case (GcScan.yes/no) it simply assumes the user knows better and short-circuits the recursion.

[...]

This solution seems smarter than using the existing '@nogc' attribute. Plus one also for the fact that nothing has to be done in DMD.

Did you encounter the issue with protected and private members ?

For me when i've tested the template i've directly got some warnings. DMD interprets my 'getMember' calls as a deprecated abuse of bug 314 but in dmd 2.069 I would get true errors.