On 6/1/2016 8:51 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Wednesday, 1 June 2016 at 02:36:15 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
PRs please!

https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4384

You'll notice it is closed.

Now, that one wasn't meant to be merged anyway, but Andrei seems to have zero
interest in actually accepting the change. That doesn't encourage further work.

Andrei is in favor of fixing Phobos so it does not depend on autodecode. He is, however, rightfully concerned about the extent of breakage that would happen if autocode were removed. So am I.

Interestingly, when I tried to remove autodecoding from path/file code a couple years ago, I received quite a bit of resistance. It seems there's been a tectonic shift in opinion on autodecode.

What I'd like to see, that we all agree on, is progress in removing autodecode reliance from Phobos. Let's see what it takes.