On 06/02/2016 12:14 PM, Kagamin wrote:
On Thursday, 2 June 2016 at 15:06:20 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Autodecode doesn't need to be removed from phobos completely, it only
needs to be more bearable, like it is in the foreach statement. E.g.
byDchar will stay, initial idea is to actually put it to more intensive
usage in phobos and user code, no need to remove it.

Yah, and then such code will work with RCStr. -- Andrei

Yes, do consider Walter's proposal, it will be an enabling technology
for RCStr too: the more phobos works with string-like ranges the more it
is usable for RCStr.

Walter and I have a unified view on this. Although I'd need to raise the issue that the primitive should be by!dchar, not byDchar. -- Andrei