On 03.06.2016 00:29, Walter Bright wrote:
On 6/2/2016 3:10 PM, Marco Leise wrote:
we haven't looked into borrowing/scoped enough

That's my fault.

As for scoped, the idea is to make scope work analogously to DIP25's
'return ref'. I don't believe we need borrowing, we've worked out
another solution that will work for ref counting.

Please do not reply to this in this thread - start a new one if you wish
to continue with this topic.

I'd like to point out again why that design is inadequate:

Whenever the type checker is using a certain piece of information to check validity of a program, there should be a way to pass that kind of information across function boundaries. Otherwise the type system is not modular. This is a serious defect.